I Am A Monster

I am a monster. I am loathed, hated, isolated from everyone else. When people see me on the street or in town they throw tomatoes and lettuce at me, yelling words of such hate that I cower and quickly flee, wondering why I thought they would ever change and come to like me.
Everyday I sit and reflect on my life on the roof of an old and abandoned factory, they’re right to judge me this way; for even I despise and am disgusted at what I am.

We weren’t meant to look like people but then we weren’t supposed to look like monsters either, but we did look like monsters. We had a face that was completely blank apart from one can shaped hole for a mouth and two small button sized holes for eyes. My creator had originally created my brothers and I to become robot like things that would read people's minds and store information for people so that they wouldn't have to worry about forgetting things. We were known as Storers; things that moved around and followed whoever was getting us to store information for them. My brothers worked the way they should've, but the same couldn't be said for me.

I guess I just buckled under all the pressure of taking care of people's secrets and information because I made the mistake of telling my masters’ secrets and information to the rest of the town. That is my one and only regret because after the incident no one wanted a Storer anymore, they destroyed all of my brothers; but when they finally came to destroy me, they found that they couldn’t because I was immune to everything that they did. Thus I was forced to live the way I am living now, isolated.

I would have preferred not existing if it meant that my brothers were able to live. They’re right to judge me because I look like a monster, no because I am a monster. I ruined the life of my master and am still living, if I wasn’t meant to be a monster I would have been destroyed already. But if they just took the time that I know they have to really look at me and try to understand me, I know that they will see that I am not a monster. Instead they would see a robot that just wants to learn how to be human, how to love and care for friends. If they could see that it would make everything better, I would forgive them for the things that they did to me and I could help them improve their city, I could also keep their memories to pass down through the generations so that what they don’t want to be forgotten won’t ever be.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!