Queen Normany

Once upon a time there was a queen, who lived in a castle in the middle of a forest. Except that it wasn’t a castle and it wasn’t in the middle of a forest. It was just a normal, boring house in the middle of a street. The queen’s name was Normany, but she wasn’t a queen, she was just a girl in year 2.
One day she was eating her lunch at school when Vanessa (the school bully) and her gang came over to her and started teasing her,
“Ha ha, you don’t know how to tie your shoes,” she smiled, “… or do your hair!” Normany was always ready for this, she had brought earmuffs just in case. But this time she felt braver than before, so she puffed up her chest and yelled,
“Go away you bullies, how dare you, I know I can’t do all those things but you don’t have to remind me about it!” The bullies (for once) got scared and ran away!
After school, Normany felt quite satisfied with herself after what had happened with Vanessa and if she wanted to tell on her that was fine with her, she had done nothing wrong. Suddenly a black limousine pulled up beside her. A man got out and said,
“Hello Normany, I’ve come to take you to your palace.” Normany was stunned.
“Are you talking to me?”
The man smiled, “Yes, your majesty”
‘’Your majesty?’’ cried Normany
‘’Yes, you’re the queen!’’ said the man.
‘’Ok, get me a hamburger and a drink!” She just asked for something simple just to make sure that he wasn’t tricking her. Then, as quick as a flash he ran to a nearby McDonalds and got a big mac and a glass of lemonade.
“Thankyou, “ and she gobbled it up and drank it down hungrily.
“Would you like me to take you to your palace? “ asked Martin (the man’s name was Martin)
“OK!!” replied Normany. When they got to the palace Normany said,
“Can we go to my bedroom?”
“Of course.” Replied Martin.
They went to an enormous room. “WOW!!” cried Normany. It was as big as her other house in town!!!!!!!
“I don’t think I’m cut out to be a queen.” said Normany
“Good choice Normany, good choice!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!