The Amazing Race

BANG! The starter gun fires and the race is on I’m in the lead and it’s looking good for me oh no my shoelaces crud I hold my breath and hope for the best but nope I tripped over
My laces and landed face first in a great big pile of mud and dirt!

“Oh my god I don’t believe it I still managed to finish first” my heart is pounding my face red with embarrassment but I thought it was cool to have done a superman over the finish line.my mouth was full of dirt and a worm eeeeeeeeew! “Oh my god I just realized something I haven’t even introduced myself my name is Justin, Justin Goodwin anyway back to the story” but wait oh no! I just realized something else I was doing baton races no wonder I came first and that no-one else had crossed the finish line it but oh no! That meant that I came last and not just me my entire team have come last!

I spat out the worm, gripped the baton tight, tide my laces as tight as I could and I sprinted as fast as I could avoiding the skid marks from my face that run along the ground as if a meteorite hit I passed the baton to the next runner and guess what yep we came last but on the plus side we received a wilted bad smelling flower you know what that’s not really on the plus side is it?

I went Home that day, my mum couldn’t believe my story she’s still proud of me like a Normal mum would be but she was shocked out Of her mind for. almost a month after that I was picking dirt and dried up mud out my ears, eyes, nails and my nose gross I know and everyone at school laughed at me for what happened and even my best friend was laughing at me for what happened it is kind of funny but not when you’re the one being laughed at. I lay in bed that night thinking about how everyone were laughing at me it annoyed me you know what it didn’t just annoy me it annoyed me a lot.

I fell asleep thinking about it the next day at school every one was laughing about it as you would probably expect but this time I stood up for myself and I said “I look around and all I see is laughing faces, well just you wait!” all their faces seemed confused they weren’t laughing anymore that was a good thing I supposed and then I said “just you wait till next year when were all in a big running race and you all trip over and not just because your shoe laces it will be because I’m running so fast” and that next year we came first and it’s all thanks to me…
Well so I like to think.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!