A Bad Dream

I can hear ‘It’ crawling its way towards me, my heart pounding, not knowing what to do. I look around for something useful, anything, to climb through, distract ‘It’ with, something I could make a quick escape. I called the creature ‘It’ because I didn’t know what on earth it was. Everything was black, all I could see was the glowing eyes of ‘It’. I managed to find a pipe, and I threw it pass ‘It’. The glowing eyes disappeared; I felt a handle under my feet. It was a trap door. I quickly pulled the door open and lowered myself into it. Just as my head made it through ‘It’ turned and looked at me, I slammed the door shut above me. I had made an escape. I could he ‘It’ scratching at the door above me, trying to get to me. I knew I was safe, but I ran just to be safer. I found myself in a lit room, only to hear a crashing sound. ‘It’ had crashed its way down the trap door. It saw me and ran at me. I collapsed onto the hard, cold concrete, just watching the grey figure, razor sharp teeth and hypnotising red eyes get closer and closer. I close my eyes, just waiting for it to attack me. I felt nothing. I opened my eyes to my bedroom. “Cassandra your breakfast is ready!” my mother shouted. That moment I realised that it was all just a bad dream.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!