Xoogle

One day in New York, close to the shopping centre in a busy office two people were working on a website called Xoogle.
There was man named Jack, he was the boss of a lovely lady named Jessica who was a computer expert.
One busy day Jack and Jessica were making a website like Google, “Jack, I’m close to being finished, I just need to get some sites off Google” Jessica told Jack.
“ Youtube done, Facebook done and lots of apps. Finished all of them!”
“Jessica!” shouted Jack “look at the TV”
A news flash came on channel 3 saying there were fires in Florida; and the New York shopping centre would be shut down for the next month because of the fires in the shopping centre. They don’t know what started the fire in the Apple store but three people were burnt badly. Not much damage had been done to Michael Hill or EB Games.
Jessica was worried because her family were visiting and shopping there today. Jessica tried to ring her mum straight away but there was no answer. She rang and rang and rang, still no answer.
Jack said “Let’s go down and see if we can find where they are”
“Good idea Jack” said Jessica in a panicked tone.
When they arrived they saw the news reporter from TV, police, fireman and ambulance officers everywhere.
Jack and Jessica started to ask the police questions on if they knew where her family was.
Jessica told the police what her mum and sisters names were and to let them know she was looking for them.
Jack and Jessica continued to call her mum
Jessica ran into her neighbour Declan who was a fireman and told him that her mum and sisters were here shopping today and asked if he could help look for them.
Declan went with Jack and Jessica to look for them but after an hour passed still couldn’t find them. Jessica was so worried and scared.
Finally, her mum answered her phone and told them they were fine and were waiting with police outside Myer. Jessica was very happy.
When Jessica and Jack saw that the family were all fine, they went back to the office to finish their website.
“Jessica you have got more work to do,” Jack said “you have to put the news on your app, the sport, the weather,” So Jessica got to work.
Well Jack organised advertising – he advertised in magazines, news papers, billboards and at schools for all the children to see. In the first week 500 people had connected to the app that was more than they expected. They only were thinking 150 people so that was great.
Jack and Jessica decided to write a story on the fire for the news. They asked Jessica’s family questions about the fire for the story. That got the biggest hits on the app.




FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!