Zach, The Go Kart Lover

Zach, The Go Kart Lover
Once upon a time, there was a boy called Zach. Zach loved go karts more than anything in the whole wide world, even more than his parents! Every second of free time he had he was working on his go kart which was stored in a garage filled with cobwebs. Even though it was a broken, old cardboard box held together by messy, tangled bits of sticky tape. But when he wasn’t working on his go kart he was racing them. He would go down to the local go kart track with his father and race on the longest track. The love of go karts was in his blood. His dad loved them, his dad’s dad loved them and even his dad’s dad’s dad loved them! Zach would speed pass everyone in a matter of seconds No matter what position he started in.
But Zach’s mom thought that go karts were nothing but a death trap. When Zach left to go race go karts she made sure to make him wear pillows underneath his clothes and knee and elbow pads even though they were for skateboarding.
One day his dad was surfing the web when he found an ad saying SUPER KART, ONLY $99.95. He didn’t even take half a second to click buy. It arrived almost instantly. It was a red and white kart that looked like it could reach speed up to 300kmp. He made sure that no one found about it so he hid it in the garage and made sure to put a sign on the door saying DO NOT DISTURB.
One day Zach wanted to build on his go kart. Just as he was entering the room he was stopped by the sign his dad had left there. Zach thought to himself “Pfft, do not disturb? You’ll have to do better to keep me away from my go kart!” So, he quietly opened the door, silently crept down the squeaking, wooden stairs and went to work. But before he got to work the noticed the red and blue go kart. He had to put his hands over his mouth to muffle his scream. He hopped in the go kart, started the engine and drove straight through the garage door. But before he could go ten meters he was already out of the go kart. He hit the curb of the road at a tremendous speed and went flying. He flew past the town, he flew past the city, he even flew past the state and was never seen again.
By Elijah Bolton

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!