Gail The Female

It was a bright sunny day. Gail was walking to the park, with her curly blonde locks of hair dancing in the wind. Gail had emerald green eyes. Her pet dog (Sarah) barked as cars rushed by. Sarah’s leash bounced along as she walked. It was Gail’s favourite park because there was a milk bar next to it. Gail tied Sarah to a pole and went in to buy some dog snacks and chips. When she went in she didn’t notice the shop keeper locking the doors. The shop keepers name tag said Brendon on it.
“Well hello there Brendon”, said Gail while paying for the food.
Brendon didn’t answer but smiled weirdly while reaching over to press a button. Gail went to move but her legs were frozen! She tried to talk but her mouth was sewn together with fear! Then suddenly THUMP!!! She fell down a dark slide. When Gail opened her eyes again she found herself in a room full of books and other rubbish. She quickly opened a book that said “How to escape if you’ve been kidnapped”. Gail read “try to find something (e.g. bookshelves, table counters) to look behind and with luck there will be a door to escape.” Luckily Brendon hadn’t arrived yet so she began searching for an escape. She pushed away some books and found a mini door the size of a dog door. She opened the door. Suddenly she heard a whirring sound so she quickly scrambled out the door and shut it back up.
“Sorry Sarah no dog snacks”, she said as she arrived back outside.
She saw Sarah’s face fall. Gail untied Sarah’s leash from the pole and started running. She crossed the street down Alice road and into house number 87.
“Hi mum,” she said while forcing a smile onto her face.
“What did you do at the park?” asked her Mum.
“Nothing much”, said Gail while running up to her room.
“Weird”, exclaimed her mum.
3 hours later...
“Well do you want to go to the shops with me?” said her Mum.
"I need to buy a few things.”
“Oh I’ll be alright here on my own Mum”, she said.
“Alright if that suits you”, smiled her Mum.
She walked out of the door and started the car engine. Gail started to do some detective work. Gail went into the computer room and searched up DIGNEY ROAD MILK BAR. A lot of images and websites came up. After some minutes she finally decided on a website called INFORMATION BRAIN. It came up with “DIGNEY ROAD MILK BAR IS ALSO KNOWN AS A KIDNAPPING STORE”.
“Aha”, said Gail a smile spreading across her face.
Suddenly she heard her Mum's car pulling in so she went on to her homework PowerPoint. Mum came in with her hands full of shopping bags.
“Oh hello Mum,” said Gail pretending nothing had happened.
“Hi honey,” said Mum.
“How was your shopping trip?” Gail asked.
“Fine”, said her Mum.
“Let’s watch a bit of TV”, said Gail.
“That’s fine by me”, said Mum and they went in and watched some TV.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!