Jack And Ben

Jack pressed his back into the wall of the trench, he gripped his gun fearfully, the bible in his breast pocket had a bullet in it.
“This is not how I expected the war to be like!” he yelled over the sound of gunshots and explosions.
His new mate, Benny, was next to him.
“Not the only one!” Benny yelled back.
Suddenly dirt and shrapnel flew over their heads like heavy rain, the ringing in Jack’s ears gave him a headache, all around him his fellow comrades were silently yelling as the ringing continued. It soon stopped and sound roared back into Jack’s ears. Fear and trauma gripped him and his body was screaming at him to run away. He got out the picture of his girlfriend and kissed it for luck.
“That your girl?!” Benny asked.
Jack shakily handed him the picture.
“Well ain’t you lucky!”Benny exclaimed as he handed back the picture.
“You got a girl?!” Jack yelled as an explosion sounded from the opposite trench.
“Nah.”
Jack took a deep breath and leaped up, he fired his gun randomly, and ducked back down next to Benny.
“I cant take any more!!!!” Benny screamed.
He leapt out of the trench, Jack could hear his gun, in auto fire and throwing bullets at the opposite trench, but the firing was abruptly cut off, horror engulfed Jack as Benny's limp body fell back into the trench…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!