Year 6 Disaster

YR 6 DISASTER
Today is the day, the most important day of my life. The school holidays are finished and I’m going into Yr 6. I have none of my friends with me, they’ve all gone to St Marks and I’m stuck with nobody! I have this mean teacher Miss Barb and no-one to back me up in case I get in trouble. My life is ruined!!!!
By the way I’m Bridey. It’s 7:59am and I’m on my way to school, I’m thinking about all the hard work that I’ll have to do this year. Finally I get to school and don’t know where to go so I go to the office and ask “Where is the Year 6 classroom?” I ask “Go down the aisle, then turn right” “ Thanks” I say.
On my way I see these kids bullying another kid, I walk past quickly so I don’t get involved, ”Thank god” I say nervously. I get to the Year 6 room and I’m late I can’t believe it! Miss Barb says “Sit down, hurry up” I scatter along the floor as if a racing car has a flat tyre. Everyone’s looking at me. I don’t know what to do?
“Get your history book out now!” Miss Barb demands “Ummmm, excuse me I don’t have my history book!” I say nervously. “Well, there’s only one thing that you can do, go outside and find 5 things that you can make, it can be anything, oh but no glass, flowers or rocks” she says “But Miss then I can’t make anything” I say. “Oh whatever, fine get anything you want, you win!” she says in a frustrated voice.
I go outside and try to find something that I can use to make my history project. ”Ooooo” I say “What is this?” I think it’s a, a snake!!! “Oh my god, what am I going to do?” I run for my life, it starts to follow me, now I am panicking. I run through the science lab and into my classroom.
I run into my classroom screaming like an absolute baby. Everyone’s looking at me, I feel so embarrassed. I look behind me and the snake is gone, it must have got lost in the lab. Miss Barb screams “Why are you running in the school?” “Well, ya see I was looking through the bushes and then BAM a snake jumps out” I say. Ryan puts his hand up and says “Was it black and had red eyes?” “Yesssss” I say. “Oh my god I don’t believe it, that’s my electric snake that I lost when I was in reception!
“You’ve got to be joking!” I say furiously. “Sit down” Miss Barb says. I don’t know what to do, my life is ruined and it’s only my first day. Wish me good luck because it feels like it’s going to be a very long year!

By Ruby Stringer

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!