Caged Lives

I crept down the hallway, my shadow shown by the bright glow of the moon glistening beautifully, I could hear the thundering footsteps calling out to find me in the murky and sad factory farm. They had heard the windows shatter in to smithereens, I had cut my dirty leg badly as a rivers of blood flew out of my wound. Quietly I ripped of some of my shirt and wrapped it tightly. My name is Hugo I am a 13 year old who can't stand animal abuse whether there is any good about it which there isn't, imagine being locked in a cage, feeling heartless that nobody cares for you and being fed the remains of your fellow friend’s organs. Anyway that is beside the point, I looked around me, I could barely see anything apart from the glow of the moon, the called out for me, the owners I crouched as low as I could almost feeling as if my legs were being force, dislocated. I got under a large round table the men seemed to leave as I heard the pounding footsteps and a chain door rattle sounding like it was closed, I brought out my phone and used a bad torch app that I could only just afford, I shined the light above me as it pierced through the darkness, this was quite a small farm, it looked as if it was only just starting as a farm, I looked into the sad eyes of the chickens staring at me, I grabbed the crate the chickens were in, it felt as if it weighed tons, my shoulders were hurting. Just as I started to life it the door was being unlocked, I darted quickly holding the young chickens in my hand, the door was left open, I reached for it with my long legs it pushed open slowly, I ran out my legs thundering with strain and pain, I ran until I was out of sight and I suddenly met a free range farm, I quickly left the chickens, emptied them from the cage and left. I sprinted the rest of the way home and ran into my parents hands, I had done it and done it well!

Please stop animal farming and think about what’s happening to the animals and don’t consider yourselves the first and the best. Being trapped in a cage for 24 hours a day and your beaks snapped because of cannibalism, the other day 500 pigs were baked to death, if that doesn’t make you think nothing will so don’t support factory foods by buying them.

Written By Hugo Hemmings

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!