Kane And Jamie

The day started like any other in the city. I come downstairs, l have breakfast and then it all changed forever. I find my parents dead on the floor in a pool of blood. I vowed that day to solve every mystery I could. That was seven years ago. Now I’m 12 and the fun begins.
Since that day, I have solved every last mystery I could get my hands on except for 1. The mystery of who killed my parents and now I have another clue. A note that said, ‘Remember your parents? I’m their killer and I’m back. Now more will die’. Not on our watch.
Jamie is in the tropics investigating a diamond theft but this is too important to miss and he may not know it yet but to me this is really personal. I never told him about my mum and dad because it would have compromised one of our missions but now is the time to let him know. “WHAAATTT!!!” cried Jamie over the phone. “I can’t believe you would keep a secret this big from your own partner!” But as I tried to explain that it was government knowledge, he wouldn’t listen.
3 days after the call and Jamie has told me I can only call if I’m about to die and I can’t blame him really. Knowing what is going to come next is not really in my category.
With the 3 clues I have, the mystery is sort of coming together. A bloody knife, a hanky covered in a victim’s carbon dioxide and a victim covered with multiple stabs. Now I know his murdering tactic, quick and painful.
Day 5 on the investigation and people are dropping like flies. I don’t know how I’m going to get this guy. He came, he saw, he killed 57 people, I mean 58 now an ambulance just came and here’s the body. Shot in the chest, no wonder she died. Hang on, that’s my auntie! This means war.
The next day and I have the killer in my sights. This guy must have cheetah legs and I don’t know how I have managed to keep up with him. He is so fast. While I’m running low on steam this guy is high on energy!
Done it! I finally caught him and he is none other than… Grandpa Max! As I ask him why he would do something like this he says that he wanted to inherit the family fortune. But when his sister had a son he had to take action. When my parents died he saw it as a golden opportunity to take the cash but his niece said she should have it he had to take her too. The others were just to distract me from him taking the cash.
1 question still remained, why did he kill my parents but it turns out he didn’t. I notice a note, ‘This was a fun game.’ Who sent it?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!