Pacific Storm

“MAYDAY, MAYDAY! ALL PASSENGERS STRAP IN IMMEDIATLEY WE ARE GOING TO CRASHLAND, JUST STAY CALM!” demanded the captain. I looked out my window, engines smoking and flaming, ripped panels, the panic set in. Sweat rolled down my face. My head was clouded. Then the lights blacked out, I was in complete darkness. The turbulence was worsening, the plane was trembling, magazines were falling on the ground, I could hear screaming from children. Suddenly we hit the water with a thud, my head fell back violently, I was out.
I woke up, ashore on a small island. The plane was smoking, and it looked like there was no other survivors. ‘Escape’ was all I was thinking. I had to get away from where I was. I went to scavenge for items that could be used for shelter and for a fire.
My energy was low, I couldn’t think, the sun was almost setting. I needed a shelter quick. I needed to start cutting wood and sticks for my shelter. My shelter was only small, barely enough for me to lay under for the night. I then built the fire near the shelter.
Shades of pink and orange filled the sky as the sun went down. My stomach growled with agony, I needed food, but there was none in sight. I had to think quickly. I was panicking as I scouted the area of the island. I noticed a life boat and paddle which could come in handy. I again looked over the island for food but none was there. I moped back to camp with disappointment and pain. I crawled in my shelter for the long night ahead.
I frantically searched for the life boat, so I could go out in search of food. I hopped in and pushed off towards the island. I wasn’t out far when it started to rain lightly, I looked up and the sky was going gray and alarm bells started to ring in my brain. Thunder boomed in the background and the waves smashed against the boat. Time was running out to get to land, I looked for islands, but none were in sight. The waves grew higher and the thunder became louder. Desperately I scanned around for land. CRASH!! The boat almost tipped over. The sky was almost black and the rain was bucketing down. I was getting rocked around and being lifted. I tried to paddle on towards the distance, hoping that I would come across land. KABOOSH! Into the water, I can’t see the boat, the waves are coming over my head and I’m going under them. I’m smothered underneath a huge surge of water. Dread and fear knocked right on my front door. I was falling down, deeper into the ocean, it was hard to breathe. My arms were moving but my legs weren’t. Reeds caught my leg, this was the end for sure. Gray and black filled my vision. My heart slowed down. I hit the sand, dead.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!