Pain

Again I felt that familiar feeling. A feeling becoming more regular. A feeling becoming stronger. I knew I had no control over this. It was something I had to accept, just like everyone else. But why me, why did it have to be this way? At least she knew what this was from. I, on the other hand, was left clueless, feeling the exact same way she did.
Pain. I wish it would end.
I’m generally a happy person. I love my life. I have lots of good friends. I’m always invited to the parties, I’m going well in school and my parents both love me. I have a few quite close friends, and I wouldn't trade them for the world. Everything was going great in my life, until it became harder for her.
I’ve never known how to properly explain it. These emotions I experience. It’s because of her. It was only as I grew into my teenage years that it became stronger; this is much like everyone else. The older you become, the stronger this "bond", I guess you could call it, became. But not everyone feels this pain.
Some people experience nothing but happiness, soon meeting with their partner, being happy together. But it’s not like that in all cases.
Not everyone gets to meet this person they have a special connection with. This person we call a soulmate. It can’t be helped if the two live in completely different parts of the world. They may never meet. This usually brings on pain for the two of them, and as it becomes stronger with time, they eventually die together. When one dies, the other dies with them.
It was hard to hold back the tears, the uncontrollable tears. I didn’t know why I felt sad, I wanted to know the exact reason.
My friends knew what I was going through. And like most people in a situation like mine, I wasn't judged or picked on for what I was feeling. Because, like I said, it’s out of my control. But that just makes me feel like my friends pity me. I pity the girl who is feeling this pain herself. Because one day, I will hopefully be with her. And I don't want my future partner to be sad.
I wish I could meet her, I need to. Knowing the person I’m meant to spend my life with is feeling so much pain, so much hurt, brings on its own pain for me. If I could meet her, maybe I could change this. But who knows if that’ll ever happen.
It hurts more to think she is feeling this way, then how it felt for myself to feel this way. I want to change her life for the better. Someday I will find her, and set things right. Because we can’t go on living like this. Pain can’t control our lives. But unless something miraculously stops her anguish, we will keep on feeling this.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!