T20 World Cup

THE T20 WORLD CUP
The day has finally come the T20 world cup final Australia vs New Zealand tonight. I’m so excited I hope Australia win. First I’ve got my own competition against my two brothers let’s go.

I won.

Now we’re rushing back to the couch to watch the game. Australia won the toss and chose to bowl. It’s half way through New Zealand’s bat they were 2/100. Then Brendon McCallum plays a pull shot straight to Steve Smith. When Steve Smith dives to stop a four. He grabs the ball but then he lands on his knee and hurts it and the doctors come running out to help him and carry him off.

When they run the tests its clear that he has ruptured his ACL and can’t play the rest of the game. At the end of the innings New Zealand made 192. Australia come out, the openers are David Warner and Usman Khawaja. BANG! the bails were flying, first ball David Warner Gone! Chris Lynn comes in it’s his second game for Australia.

Then Usman Khawaja goes out followed by Travis Head which leads to a lot more wickets.

Now they’re 9/40 and they’re out of players so everyone thought they would give up.

Smith comes out to bat. Everyone is shocked, he’s limping but refuses to not bat, so they let him because its the last game of cricket for the season.

Smith reaches the middle. First ball BANG! It’s a six. What a shot! Later on Smith is on 148 they need three runs to win. Smith hits a SIX! to win the game and bring up his 150.

All the Australian players come sprinting onto the ground to hug Steve Smith. The crowd are going crazy in disbelief. After the game Steve Smith got the Man of the Match for the Aussies, for the Kiwis Brendon McCallum got Man of the Match.

Mitchell, Kane and I all jump in the pool screaming because of how happy we are.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!