Take A Trip Around World

There once was a little girl named Bailey, for her 7 birthday she got a camera. Bailey went outside to take some pictures of her garden.
Hours went by and she enjoyed every second of it. Bailey went on an adventure with her camera, she walked for a while and met a squirrel “hey there little guy what’s your name?” “I’m going to call you Bun Bun” she said. Bun Bun climbed up to Bailey and rested on her shoulder.
After that Bailey became tired so she decided to go home. Bailey showed Bun Bun to her Parents and they were surprised to see the squirrel. “Where did you find that squirrel honey” said her Mother. “I found him in the forest” replied Bailey, “Is he friendly?” asked Dad “oh yes Father his name is Bun Bun” “hmmm you may keep him... if you take responsibility of him” said the father firmly. “Ok and thank you” said Bailey with excitement.
Bailey and Bun Bun became the best of friends. Bailey took Bun Bun everywhere around the town.
As time passed her love for photography grew. She decided when she was older that she would become a photographer and travel the world with Bun Bun.

Before Bailey knew it she was off to college, she was very excited. Bailey organised her bag, books, laptop, camera and of course Bun Bun. Bailey and Bun Bun unpacked into their new room and found a book called Take a trip around the world and a sticky note that read(DO NOT TOUCH). Bailey was very interested so she didn’t pay attention to the sticky note and opened up the book. Upon opening it a quilt pen appeared. On the first page it read write down a place any place but choose wisely so that is exactly what she did, she wrote down a place called Italy. As soon as she wrote Italy magically Bun Bun and Bailey were there. Bailey was amazed at the leaning Tower of Pisa and took many photos. She opened the book and wrote down the destination North America.

When her and Bun Bun got to North America there was a big storm, everyone was panicking then she thought (I need to find Mum and Dad) she ran as fast as she could but couldn’t find her Parents. Feeling very upset and wanting to get out of the storm she decided to travel to England. Bailey got out her camera and started taking pictures of Big Ben, the Tower of London and cafes though she was missing her parents a lot.
She tried North America once more, but before she had even picked up the quill she heard her mobile ringing. She was back at college in her room with Bun Bun. She answered her phone, It was her Mother calling to see how she was fitting into college. It was just a dream after all. The End.
Emily Gaffy
8A Delta Avenue
Grade 5
ST Marks Parish Primary school Fawkner




FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!