Bama The Monkey

There was once a little monkey, called Bama. One day Bama was out searching for food. Back then monkeys used to eat meat but today Bama was in the mood for something different. As he strolled through the dark, scary woods to find dinner thunder struck. “Bang, crash, boom!”
As he was about to turn around and head back, it started raining heavily and it became difficult to see ahead. Bama became alarmed. He moved around anxiously and became disorientated. Suddenly his mother’s words came to mind, “Come back home as soon as it starts raining. I don’t want any monkey business.”
Bama mustered up bravery and kept on moving. As he walked further into the shadowy depths of the woods, the ghostly trees towered above like terrifying beasts. He became hungry and exhausted and in dire need of rest so he plonked down. As he looked around a shiver rippled down his spine. He had never been anywhere so far away and his surroundings were daunting. He started to think about the dangerous creatures that may lurk behind the trees. But he quickly collected himself and marched on.
The sun soon began to dip below the skyline and darkness blanketed the sky. Bama was beginning to lose hope of reaching home. He finally put his fluffy paws to his face and salty tears began to trickle down.
As he sobbed, a bright light began flashing. Bama moved his paws away and wiped his puffy eyes. He looked up and saw an intense, distant light. Bamboozled, he followed the bright light. Once he reached the shining object he walked underneath and realised it was a palm tree. He circled the trunk, mesmerised. He then felt something hard land on his head. He looked down and picked up the yellow object. It had a pointed top and a smooth yellow coating. Unsure of what it was, Bama sniffed the object and a sweet scent wafted up his nose. He put this fascinating object to his ear but no sound came. He finally gave into temptation and bit into it. “EEWWW!” exclaimed Bama in disgust. He then noticed the white, creamy inside. Bama was a very clever monkey so he started to peel the fruit and munch it down.
A shadow crept up behind him.
“Aghhhhhhh!” Bama exclaimed.
“Relax, I’m a friendly lion. By the way my name is Leo,” said the lion calmly.
“I’m Bama.”
“Pleasure meeting you. What is that lovely fruit you have?” questioned Leo.
“I don’t know but it tastes wonderful,” Bama replied.
“May I please taste it then?” Leo asked.
“Sure, remember to peel it,” Bama answered.
Leo took a bite.
“Delicious!” Leo exclaimed delightedly.
“I’m lost, could you help me return to North Place?” Bama pleaded.
“Of course! You shared the most scrumptious fruit with me,” Leo answered.
“Thank you!” exclaimed Bama joyfully.
From that day on, Leo and Bama became best of friends and Bama learnt never to wander off again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!