The Story Of Life

This story is written for my grandfather who died in August 2015
“Ever since the start everyone has been mean through Primary school but do I care?” “What is the point?”
My name is Thomas. I was born on September 24, 2003 in Sydney where I still live. For the first 11 years of my life, my Dad’s job meant he was worked in Malaysia for many months of each year. It was hard, but my Mum and I coped with it.
My Mum was born in Melbourne and my Dad was born in Hastings, New Zealand. I love visiting New Zealand.
My parents originally wanted to name me Hamish, my Dad decided Thomas was better on the day I was born. I started walking when I was one. I am talkative. I think my first word was “Mum”.
In 2009 I started my education at North Sydney Demonstration School. Being only the age of five on orientation day (First Day) I was freaking out. But it turned out to be a very good day. I met my best friend on this day. His name is Simon. He moved to another school in Year 1 but I still see him since he lives nearby.
In Year 1, my teacher was Mr Pytko who became one of my favorite teachers. In the same year, a new classroom block was built. We were one of the lucky classes to move into it.
In Year 5, I had a teacher called Mrs Smith who pushed me to my limits and beyond. In the end I think I learnt so much because of her. I was bullied that year but she supported me.
In Year 6 I had Mr Keeble. He was awesome. He taught a different way and always made it fun. Camp, I never really enjoyed camp because i never liked leaving my parents because I tried to spend as much time with my dad.
August last year, was the worst time of my life. My Grandfather died the day we flew down to see him. We went from the airport to the hospital but sadly he died before we saw him. I felt like I had gone into a black hole but could never find a way out. I miss him everyday. Rest in peace Granddad.
Year 7, a new start. Throughout year 7 I was called many things. Teacher’s Pet was one of them, just because I follow the teacher’s rules and help them. Camp that year was at Point Wollstonecraft. I had been there before because of my sailing.
Sailing is a big part of my life. I have been sailing since I was seven years old. I started at Northside Sailing at spit bridge I sailed lasers in 2013 moved to Manly Yacht Club. In 2014 I came second at the novice Manly Junior State championship. I now sail a Flying 11. In the future want to sail a 49er or Laser.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!