Chips On Legs

Once all the lights in the fast food shop were switched off, the hot chips grew legs and arms! Now all was well, until one night when the Chilli chips argued with the Cheesy chips. “How dare you insult our flavour?” Chilli screamed. “Well with good reason, look at your hot temper,” Cheesy sneered. This lasted all night, all the other chips were complaining about the noise.
That morning when the shop opened and customers ordered their normal order of chilli and cheesy chips there were many complaints that they tasted different all the staff were at a loss! After the lights went out all the chips gathered around the Deep Fryer to discuss the feud. Before long, all of the chips had taken sides, Sour Cream , Salty and Kids Chips were on the Chilli side, while Plain, Chips in Gravy and Barbeque Chips were on the Cheesy side! So when the shop opened, all the normal combo’s tasted wrong, again the customers complained! Once again, the Staff puzzled over the complaints! “Well we are losing business!” the Manger told the staff. “Tomorrow could be our last day!” This was overheard by the all-knowing Original Chip. He knew what had to be done, but it hadn’t been done in years…
All the Chips were confused when they got their invites, many thought it was a scam, but they attended nevertheless in their best toppings. When they had all been seated Original spoke from his Highchair. “Welcome to the Great Chip Dance! And you all must dance with different flavours!” he declared as he fell down, adjusted his gravy a bit and pulled Chilli and Cheesy together. They muttered to each other as more chips swept onto the dance floor. “Nice topping,” Cheesy blushed. “Really, I thought I looked like a street rat!” Chilli giggled, blushing at an extreme rate. So after compliment after compliment, Chilli did the unthinkable. “I’m so sorry, I was so hot-tempered before,” she whispered. “And I am so sorry I insulted your flavour!” Cheesy whispered back into her ear. “Friends?” Chilli asked smiling. “Friends,” Cheesy answered. It was like a spell was broken! For a minute the ballroom was a murmur of chips apologising and then they all shouted, “THANK-YOU!!” at Original who smiled from his perch.
The lights buzzed to life as the shop opened. It was a slow morning until the first order came in and as if by a magic more and more orders rolled in and tips were generous! “Well fry my chips!” the Manager muttered. Guess what was ordered the most?! Chilli and Cheesy as a combo! The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!