Hazel And The Gardian Fairy

One dark and rainy night, I heard an unfamiliar sound, it was almost like a bird singing but a lot rougher. I crept out of bed and hobbled over to the window. I looked into the sky and saw a gleaming purple light. Just as I was turning around, I heard that strange sound again.
“I must be dreaming,” I said, as KABOOM the room filled with the most glorious coloured light. I quivered with fear, “Where aliens coming to earth?” I wondered.
When the light had faded, I wondered over to the window, pulled back the curtain, and to my surprise there was a fairy sitting on my windowsill. She had pale white skin, a beautiful white dress, and cherry red lips.
“Hello dear... ummm, am I at the right house?” said the fairy looking around.
“I.... don’t know?” I mumbled.
“What is your name?”
“Hazel,” I replied.
“Father and mother’s name?”
“Haily and Jason,” I exclaimed feeling a little more confident.
“I am your guardian fairy, and my name is Honey-Blossom. Once in every girl’s life, their guardian will show herself. This is your lucky day, the day your dreams will come true. Now make a wish.”
“I wish a flying carpet will take me to my dream palace,” I exclaimed.
“ACRADABRA!!!” and hovering right in front of me was a flying carpet.
“How do I fly it?” I asked.
“Easy. Pull left to turn left, pull right to turn right. To go you say go, to stop, you say stop. If it knows your destination, you can sit back and relax. Ready, off you go...”
I flew up, I flew down, I flew all around, and finally I got to the sunshine palace. I lay down, acting like a princess. I dozed off.
A while later I was awoken by the screeching of bats. My eyes immediately opened. I got off the carpet and followed the bats. To my surprise they lead me to a golden door. I was so fascinated that I opened the door. I was astonished when I saw an old man, with a white beard, wearing an old magic cloak. He seemed to be guarding something.
“Are you on her side, or my side?” he said in a croaking voice.
“Yours I think,” I replied.
“Good, good. Come a little closer. Are your trying to get home?” he asked.
“Well yes,” I replied.
“Okay, good. There is a key somewhere in this room,” said the wizard.
I spot a glimpse of gold in a hole in the floor. I manage to yank it through the hole. “This key opens this box. This box holds a secret,” says the wizard.
“Let’s open it,” I say.
“Good plan,” exclaims the wizard.
As the box opens, I feel my mouth drop open. “Tennis balls!” I say, “I’m so unimpressed!” “Hold your horses Hazel, they’re portals. You can go anywhere. Throw it against the wall, say where you want to go and jump in.”
"HOME...” I say.
The next thing I know, I’m back home, snug in my bed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!