Poacher's Blood

It was mid-Summer in Antarctica, we were busy climbing to Penguin Point, when we heard a gunshot and an animal cry out in pain so we decided to go and investigate. What we found was a massive gun. I was looking at all the details. When we heard another gunshot...it was the poachers. “Mary-Kate, Roxy!” Yelled Jade, “Come have a look at this.”
It turned out that the thing Jade saw, was a huge abandoned ship. “Those stupid poachers left all their equipment all over the ice!” Mads yelled. Animals could get seriously hurt, I realised. Mary-Kate was pretty quick on getting on the ship and while I looked at the guns, Jade looked at the dead animal. The animal turned out to be a blue whale carcass. “The poor whale! By the looks of the carcass, it was very young,” I sighed. “Great!” Muttered Mary-Kate.
“Now what Roxy?” Jade and Mary-Kate asked me. “We follow the poachers, that’s what!” I said. “We had a feeling you were going to say that.”
So we followed the poacher’s footprints till we came to a huge, brand new fully equipped ship. “That looks awfully expensive,” Jade said. “You’re right about that animal girl,” sneered a poacher who appeared right behind us.
Two hours later, we were trapped in a small, dark room with no windows. That means no escaping for us. “Guys this is all my fault!” I sighed. “No it isn’t, we all wanted to anyway” said Mary-Kate. “Yeah, but because of me, Willy and Killer will die, all because of me!” I said.
“Rox, calm down!” Yelled Jade, “We’re going to get out okay. I have an idea. Rox use your new invention!” “Good idea Jade,” I said. So I pulled out my new invention that gets you out of anything, like rope, metal, chains, iron etc. It did the trick perfectly. “Now what?” Asked Jade and Mary-Kate. “We figure how to get out of this ship?” I suggested. “Easy, we cut a big hole in the bottom of the boat so then we can ruin their ship and escape,” Mary-Kate said.
It took a while, but was totally worth it. When we were out, we watched the boat sink. We ran towards where the boat was going to go before it sank and what we saw was not good. It was an injured animal. We couldn’t recognise it until we got closer. It was an Orca. That is when I noticed something, it was tagged. It was Willy. I did Killer’s call, she came as soon as she heard me. I jumped on her back and she swam me out to Willy. I cut off everything on Willy, all the ropes were gone. When he was free, he came up to me and offered me a ride home. Hesitantly I agreed. Jade and Mary-Kate were so happy that I was in good shape. It was our first adventure.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!