Willow Chance

This is my first day back at school since both my parents died. I'm only 12 years old. A lot of children's parents have died, but to have both your parents die at the same time that's very rare. My parents died at the same time and now there's no light in my life. I'm living with my best friend until they can find me a foster home. My best friend is called Mai. Her mum is called Pattie. Their home isn't the expected. They live in the back of a nail salon in a garage. Pattie works at the nail salon. Every time Mai and her brother Quango-ha come home they go in the garage and start playing on their devices. Straight after school I go to see dell duke the school councilor. We talk about my parents and then he drops me off at patty's salon. Pattie cooks us dinner. The amount of food Mai eats is fascinating. But i don't really care. I can barely swallow my food. I'm a vegetarian so I just hide the chicken in my napkin and throw it in the bin. We get into our pajamas and brush our teeth. Then we got to bed. There's only 1 bed so it is a bit squishy but I sleep like a baby. The next morning the lady comes in around 12:30 when everybody's ready. We go look at a few foster homes and meet some foster parents. The first one we went to was a lovely home and the parents were so sweet. They had 2 other children. The girl was my age and the boy was 14. We were talking for about an hour. When it was over we went to 3 other houses but I liked the first family the best. By next week we have visited 10 houses and the lady said I could choose what house I want to live in. I think this isn't a good idea. I'm responsible but this is a massive responsibility. But in the end I went to the first house. I'm moving in 2 more weeks. So I'm going to spend the next 2 weeks packing up everything and buying a few plants. My Hobby is gardening and I am very obsessed with medical things. Pattie takes me to the shops and I buy 2 packets of sunflowers. My favourite number is seven. So I would've bought 7 packets but instead I bought 5 more packets of Daisy's because 5 plus 2 equals 7. It's been a week and I'm leaving tomorrow. I'm going around my street walking with my head held down low when I bump into someone. I lift my head and then I saw my parents smiling back at me. I scream “mum dad” but there's no answer. Then this random stranger came up to me saying “sweetheart are you ok. There's nobody here. Where's your parents. I find myself falling down. Am I imagining or is this real.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!