My Basketball Story

There was two seconds on the clock, I had the ball it was the grand final, I shot it, it was going round and round the ring, I thought it was going to go in but it just fell out I was so disappointed. I was never going to forgive myself. I didn't want to play basketball any more. But I did play the next season.

Six weeks later…
It was the start of a new season. New basketball team and new basketball shoes. I couldn't wait I was so excited. My new team was actually pretty good at basketball, I was very happy with my team, but I still wanted to see how they could play in a game of basketball.

My first game of under 17’s was awesome, the team and I was so happy with the result. I scored 37 points along with 13 steals. And that was just me, at least everyone in my team scored 10 points in the game and there were 11 people in my team. After about 7 games we hadn't lost yet, but we were playing the other team that hadn't lost a game yet as well. It was a very hard game to play. We were not playing the best game. It was 126 all and the siren went, it was a tie game, I was disappointed in myself and the rest of the team. I knew we would be playing them in the finals.

We were in the finals, we were playing against Hunting Tower Heat. It was a fairly easy game to play, but I can't get my hopes up yet, we were only in the semi final.

In the semi final I played class basketball. My team did a as well. I scored 43 points with 7 threes. We won by a good 72 points so I was pretty damn happy.

The preliminary final was a really hard game. It was the Knox Blazers vs Melbourne Spurs. We won by 3 points but I played really terrible but I took the win.

The grand final, I was nervous and scared. But I still couldn't wait to play the game. We were playing Golden State again. If was a super game. Goal after goal, block after block. I loved but hated it, were down by 2 points, the siren was going to go it was the same moment as last year, 3,2,1 I shot it from full court the siren went but it went in! I was so happy it was the best part of my life.

3 weeks later I got drafted to the NBA.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!