Face Death

Excellence Award in the 'Word Zone 2016' competition

Writhing, thrashing, the bands holding tight an unbeatable force, yet still I fight, the burning, the itching, flows through my veins, filling them up with an incredible pain.
Through the cold glass I see the blank stares, the rows and the rows of those empty chairs.

Time slows and I’m back in that alley, the place where my knife made a deep red valley.
The floor was dirty, yet still she lay, life force slowly draining away.
Winding around, a blood red snake, slowly pooling, a deathly lake.
Lying there, still as a rock, eyes still open, wide with shock.
No pulse, no beat, no flowing blood, my knife, it dropped, an almighty thud.
A clatter, a clang on the bloodstained floor, it was the lock of a heavy morgue drawer.

Back on the table, the end is near, the guards stand tall, blind to my fear.
The cold, dark silence, reaches for me, straining desperately, I try to flee, I take one last gasping breath, before I go to face him, Death.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!