Qantas Going Down

Karai rushed down the stairs, glanced at the clock, it was 9.00. “I'm running late! He grabbed his plane ticket, which read: ‘KARAI STEVENSON. QANTAS AIRLINES. TIME: 10:25AM. DEPARTURE TO: BIC, ITALY. WATERSIDE BAY, AIRPORT.’ As Karai dragged his suitcases, his taxi pulled up on the curb. He breathed in the smell of fresh Chrysanthemum's. As he loaded the taxi, in a heartbeat, a slick, red Ferrari flew past. He could find out the face of the driver through the blur, it was his rival, Beckett Maddox.
An hour later, at the airport. He quickly wheeled his trolley with his suitcases stacked on each other. He checked in, gave the airline his suitcases and staggered onto the plane while admiring the White kangaroo, surrounded by red on the tail.
As the plane took off, Karai spotted Beckett who he groaned at in disgust. “This is going to be a long flight,” he thought. Hours went by, they had gotten their first meal, which he quite enjoyed. As the plane went on, Karai noticed a peculiar expression on Beckett’s face. That got Karai worried.
Karai kept an eye on Beckett when he abruptly stood up and marched on going past business and first class up to the pilot’s cabin. It was only now that Karai saw Luna Maddox, Beckett’s younger sister who also stood up but walked to the back of the plane. Karai thought that he should stop being paranoid and he expected the worst from his old nemesis'.
Karai listened to the pilot speak over the P.A
“Hello passengers of QANTAS airlines, this is Pilot Levi speaking, we are having some difficulties in the engine, and will be stopping at the closest airport we can find, as a precaution, thank you,” and the whole plane went in to a frenzy, the calmness turned into chaos.
Karai’s heart missed a beat, as he noticed that the plane had stopped. So Karai unbuckled his seatbelt and skid through the passageways to the pilot’s cabin, there, he found pilot Levi on the floor. The first thing that came to his mind was to steer the plane and he lifted the plane back up. Without warning, the plane started to fall, and he realised the engines stopped working. Karai was no engineer and pressed as many buttons as he could, and then he noticed something very weird and then realised it was actually Luna and Beckett on a parachute. They had escaped! The engines were failing and he can't steer a plane what was he going to do? He had no choice but to crash the plane but he put a message on the flight recorder. The plane plummeted down, he crossed his heart hoping for miracle.
But no miracle came as they crashed on an island with a big explosion. The flight recorder survived and detectives are now trying to find out what happened.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!