The Battle Begins

Once upon a time a legendary race lived beneath the sea called the merfolks and they had been there for over millions of years.

The merfolks have been sited from one point of the earth to the other and have recently been discovered in North Africa. But just because some people love siting them others love to eat any kind of merfolk and sometimes they put them in sushi.

Now they have been endangered by people and now they hide from the land of the earth and the only thing they could trust was the sea iguanas.

The sea iguanas were well iguanas that live in the sea (pretty obvious really) and had been friends with the merfolks for seven hundred and fifty thousand years (and possibly more).

So they protected and worked with each over and lived peacefully (well until some hungry humans came) and were under the sea for tons of years.

Beneath the land they thought they were safe but there was always another race. The merfolks ran from the creature but one merfolk known as the merfolkmaster drew out his ocean blade and slashed away at the creature which made the creature run in fear back to its cave in lock ness so it could restore its cuts (but it already had so many cuts it was like a dummy) but its cuts never restored.

The merfolks used the ocean sand to rebuild what the rifolk damaged and used the heated water to remake the glass and cups and collected some coral to remake the roofs.

They hid from the rifolks and built some defence systems from the stone and more coral to make some arrows and launchers to keep the rifolk away and tried to get something else to keep them further away.

They found a new material called earthstone which had a very hard texture and was said to of created the land and was the most expensive mineral in the universe.

The merfolks and the sea iguanas built rapid-fire arrow launchers all around the underwater city to protect them from the rifolk.

But before they could finish the final wire to make them fire, twenty five angry rifolk came and destroyed all the launchers before the merfolks could finish the launchers!

The merfolks waited for the merfolkmaster to come and keep them away but he was nowhere to be seen so the merfolks looked out to find his blade but it was gone as well so they tried to forge a weapon in the sea water to drive the rifolk away but the rifolk kept coming.

Soon there was a mountain of rifolk but then out of nowhere came the merfolkmaster carrying his blade and slashed the mountain with all his might to drive the rifolk away and he succeeded with a few houses broken then he called it a day and rested his body from three single cuts and waited for them to go away.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!