The Troubled Waters

A heavily shadowed figure swam towards its unsuspecting target- or rather targets. Angry shouts were heard from the captain, as the Salty Sally plodded onwards in the boiling sea.
The crew huddled together in the shelter of their cabin, as furious rains and wind fiercely lashed the ship. Suddenly, the boat was stopped as though it had hit a reef. Four imbeciles were thrown out into the storm to back the ship out, but they did not return.
The captain peered out of his window and saw a tentacle of some sort waving in the air, but it was to faint to see clearly. The chief navigator opened his mouth to speak, but nobody ever knew what he was going say as at that moment the ship collapsed onto itself throwing all of the men into the ocean. The rigger screamed, “The kraken has gotten us! The insane squid gotten us!” He started shouting rude words, and just when others started chiming in, the colossal squid smothered an unlucky sailor. All the crew were swearing loudly, only to be silenced by the sea monster.
The last man standing was the captain, who had found a rather sharp piece of wood while the others were shouting. When the time was ripe, with all his might, he plunged the half-splintered timber into the squid’s eye…
The captains’ crushed body was dropped from the squid’s slimy tentacle into the troubled waters, which had now turned into an inky purple-black colour.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!