The Escaped Experiment

My summer holidays were normally spent on my Aunty's quiet, boring farm in South of USA. Nothing ever happened there, nothing until this summer.

I was awoken by a blood curdling scream that drowned out the sound of the morning birds. Wanting to get out of the house and do something interesting for once, I followed the sound.

I followed the cries into a heavily wooded area.Iit was the middle of the day but the only sunlight was through the small gaps in the branches. The sound became increasingly louder. I could see a huge fence that incased 3 large buildings and a few small huts. I knew that was where the screams were coming from.

In front of the fence was a sign that read "Area 541: Government Zone. DO NOT ENTER". I knew I shouldn't have been there but they was something in the pit of my stomach that drew me in.

I soon realised that the screams I was hearing was not from an animal or even a human. It was coming from a 'thing'. A little creature came running towards me at the speed of light. Her skin was bright purple, eyes the colour of the sun and rose coloured hair. She clung to me through the fence and screamed "Help me! I don't belong here! Please help!". I didn't even have time to process what had happened before two tall stocky men called out "Step away from Experiment 3113 ! It is the property of the Government of the United States of America !"

Experiment 3113 climb up the fence and nicked her arm on the barbed wire at the top. Blood came pouring out of her arm, or I at least I think it's was blood, it was bright blue. She got over the fence and we both ran to my Aunty's house.

Once we got into the safety of the house, Experiment 3113 broke down and collapsed onto the floor.
"Please don't give me back! I don't like it there. They are evil." She sobbed.
I wrapped her in a tight embrace and held her close.
"You're safe here. Promise.Please tell me what is going on."

Experiment 3113 explained that her real name actually Elle and she used to live in a small orphanage in New York. The government had began a plan to create super Alien-like humans for the army. In order to do this successful they needed to experiment on people who no one cared about so they snatched hundreds of orphans all cross America. The experiments had eventually lost funding. However, the children were already too mutated to go back into society so they were kept prisoner in the lab. Just as Elle was going to tell me what they did to her in the lab, I was blinded by a flashing light then everything went black. The last thing I heard was " There you are! We have been looking for you. Oh looks like you have brought us a friend."

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!