A Fighter

“In 2016 he has done it again. The fastest man in the world has broken the record again, in fact it is his record he has broken.” I am going to go to the Olympics one day to compete and I want to be like Usain Bolt. His success is amazing.
Two years later in 2018, I am running around the school oval trying to beat Usain Bolts’ record time of one minute and fifty-seven seconds but I only got two minutes and thirteen seconds.
In 2020 on September 11, after the last strategy didn’t work, I’ve tried a new one! I go to the gym and try the eight hundred meters as fast as I can. Usain Bolt has just won five medals this year and people are saying now there is the fastest woman from Jamaica too.
I have a scholarship at the AIS and I am training really hard to get to the Olympics in three years. I am doing a lot in the health and well-being centre. My time is getting quicker – I am under two minutes.
The Olympics, here I come.
I’m going on the track and I am thinking of what I need to do. I need to be ready to be the best I can be. I’m on the track adrenaline running through my veins. The guns go, all the things are going through my head, all the training I have done, I have worked for this. I have pushed myself to be the best that I can be. I need to go higher then ever before. Even higher then I have gone in training. You need to put everything in so you now you have done all that you can. Coming from a small town taught me it does not matter where you come from or what equipment you use, it's how far you can push yourself. To be the best you can be. I have given all of myself, all that I have left to give. I was determined to be the best I can be. There are no second chances. I see that I am falling away, I can see everything slipping away, all my training, the support, the pushing I have done and the help. This is what I will do, I will shoot for the moon and even if I miss, I’ll land among the stars. I regain my thoughts and speed up and shoot for it. I can see it, the finish line, I sprint. I’m sweating. I have crossed the finish line in first, wait I crossed it in first. Oh my Goodness!
People laughed at the thought of me going to the Olympics and they bullied me about it. I learned that it only makes me stronger.
For all those people out there who get bullied or are hurt. You are a champion and CHAMPIONS believe in themselves, even when no one else does.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!