Miranda Knows Something You Don't

You know, Miranda knows something you don’t. She knows what the seals have behind their backs. She knows that the oceans are talking to the trees and the trees are talking to the rocks. But there is one thing she will not ever, ever, ever… I mean never tell me about!
While I was sitting on a rock thinking quietly, four animals came by. One was a mouse, one was an owl, and believe it or not, a fox and a wolf. With the animals, there was a human, Miranda. I shuffled a little closer. Then Miranda said “I am about to tell my biggest secret, I come from the Witches’ World and the owl witch is after me.”
“She is a witch!” I whispered. “Yes” the animals responded. I held my breath. “They talk!” I whispered.
When they finished, I quickly snuck away.
On Saturday, I went to the fields to listen to Miranda. And she said: “The Owl Witch can never be vanquished even by guns. But, there is only one thing that can stop her.”
“What?” The animals asked curiously. “Glurammbick” said Miranda to the animals.
“Glue what?” They exclaimed. “Glurammbick is a bone of a sparrow, a hair of a hippopotamus, the yolk of an emu egg, a pelican’s feather, 50 worms, two glue sticks and 20 buds of Jasmine, stir all with a chicken bone.”
Today, for science my class filled in a form for a trip to Africa and Australia. Miranda wasn’t here today. “Should I make Glurammbick for her? Yes.” I said, and began smiling.
“We’re here,” the teacher said, “so let’s start with emus.” I took an egg, and some people took feathers.
Next, it was the worm farm. I collected 50 worms and put them in my bag.
Then, we went to the sparrow’s aviary. Their little feathers and bones were on the ground because the crows do nasty things to them. I dug out a bone and followed the teacher to the last stop.
Lastly, pelicans. I collected a few feathers and we were in the plane.
In Africa, I got a hippo’s hair from the pond, 20 Jasmine buds and two glue sticks.
“I’m going seeking for the owl witch.” I said. As soon as I said this, I began to fall in this huge round hole!
I ended up in this neighbourhood full of pretty, little houses. I knocked on one of the doors, a young, tall lady came out. “Hello” she said, astonished.
“Hello, I was wondering where we are?” I asked.
“Witch Land!” She said. “And let’s get the Owl Witch with that Glurammbick!”
“How did you know?” I said.
“I saw it, idiot.” She said.
“Ok” I said.
“Owledocious” she whispered. Suddenly we were immediately in the Owl Witch’s castle. The Owl Witch saw us immediately, too. I splashed the Glurammbick, it didn’t work, and she took her necklace off to talk to me.
I splashed it again; it worked.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!