El Bandito

Cunning thieves surround me like an army of flies trying to eat all the gunk off me for something I must have done, what could it be?
Pain is overcoming my body, wounds everywhere. A black car is slowly approaching me and picks up my bleeding body.
After months of lab experiments trying to figure out why I apparently can’t remember anything from my past, they think they have found the answer. This is first thing Dr Gold told me, “Your name is Johnny Dime and you are a secret agent hunting down Julian, the boss of El Bandito’s.”
Weeoo,weeoo alarms are blaring. El Bandito’s are drilling down to the core of the earth at an alarming rate to get molten lava for a secret weapon that will destroy America. “Bandito’s are in the base! Get the army ready! let's go, let’s go hustle” shouted the warden. Pow! Bang! Smack! “Get to the chopper!”
The rustling of parachutes is all I can hear as we leap out of the jet 12,000 feet in the sky. “Sergeant we’ve got our targets acquired”. “Noooo sergeant we've lost Rork” yelled a soldier.
After hearing the muffled scream, he replies into the earpiece, “Forget about it, we’ve got more important things to fry, now the missiles are active you’re going to have go into wingsuit to dodge the missiles and take them out”.
Sneaking, funny how no-one in our team can and we are meant to be detectives. There are at least twenty guards bundled up around the jammer this won’t be easy, maybe if I throw a rock at one of their heads and run through the back quickly then attack. We’ve accomplished that and are in the base. We have found the weapon jammer, what’s that next to it? My body is paralyzed, this picture I have seen it before. Is that me and is that Julian? Yet again I am surrounded by lots of guards.
I am having a deja vu, I don’t know if this is real or not is this all a dream just repeating? My team they’re still here, they can save me! Where are they when I need them the most “We are right here”. Said a soldier heroically. The guards are distracted so I retreat hiding behind a wall and quickly jam the weapon but what a mistake that was. Little did I know there was an enormous robot reinforcement that knocked me unconscious, flying airborne onto a trap door lever that surprisingly crushed the robot into one million pieces of glass and metal.
That’s how I lost my memory but I did it to save America! To this day nobody knows how Julian managed to escape and where he went to but he will probably be too terrified to step one foot outside.
The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others and that’s what I say.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!