The Day I Won Tickets To My Favourite Band's Concert

On Tuesday the 12th of June 2011 I went to a community fundraiser, and I won the bidding on VIP tickets to one of my favorite bands, The Spice Girls concert on Saturday the 16th of June.
On Saturday I made my way to the arena where there were thousands of people waiting to see The Spice Girls live. There was a loud voice over the speaker that said,
“Kristen Oklobdzija can you please come to the front gates where you’ll meet the Spice Girls and go backstage, but one more thing you can choose anyone one on the concert grounds to come with you.”
As I made my way to the gates and everyone realized I was Kristen, fans came running like a herd of elephants towards me, yelling, 'I’ll give you $50 if you pick me,' and 'no, I’ll give you $500 for that backstage pass.' Suddenly a man in a black suit stepped out of the crowd and said in a deep tone,
“I’ll give you $1000 if you let my daughter in with you.”
The crowd split and formed a hemisphere around the man because they were in such disbelief that someone would pay $1000 for their child to meet The Spice Girls.
As quick thinking as I am, I made my decision to take the deal with the man in the black suit because he was going to make his daughter the happiest girl alive and I will have extra money to give to a deserving charity.
I made my way backstage with the man’s daughter Emily and a security guard. When we finally arrived at Melanie Brown’s backstage room, she let us look around. Then at the corner of my eye, I saw Emily putting something into her bag and said to her to put in back. Melanie Brown asked, “Put what back?”
“Nothing,” Emily and I replied in suspicious tones. Emily tried to steal Melanie’s lucky anklet, but luckily I stopped her just in time. As Melanie heard us talk, she grew more and more suspicious, so she called security, and the sirens went off so we ran as fast as we could through the crowds until we reached Emily’s dad. He told us not to worry.
A helicopter came down from the sky and picked us up though I didn’t even get to watch the Spice Girls live I had a great time because I’d never flown in a helicopter before.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!