Oil In The Ocean

“Arghh!” I plunge to the depths of the ocean. I reach the sandy floor, it brushes against my olive tan skin.
I look up, my brown and gold eyes stinging in the salty water. My throat aches of breath. I let go of my air in my mouth and gulp in water, but I felt nothing in my mouth just air, a new fresh gulp of air. I started breathing normally feeling relieved.
Standing in the distance, was a girl with pale skin, blue eyes and blonde straight hair, mine was brown. I watched her fade into the blue. I followed her, my arms ached, my legs ached trying to keep up.
In front of me stands an old, tall abandoned tower and every minute a brick falls off. The mysterious girl enters the tower, I kick my legs frantically while swimming to the tower.
Floorboards creak, doors open and shut, it is pitch black. I head up the staircase a shadow comes to view, I speed up and I see the girl. We enter a room of dark. An eye stares into my eye, the girl swims out the door and locks me in there. “Sorry,” I hear from behind the door.
The beast stares at me. I see a broken window, I squeeze through it, leaving cuts on my arms from the shattered glass, careless I keep swimming. We reach the top and when I mean we, I mean the beast also. I stare at it, I realise it is a Kraken. I grab a piece of wood in front of me. Its long tentacles are swaying in front of me. Its yellow beak snapping everywhere, its blood thirsty eye staring at me.
I swing the wood and whack it, dodging its beak. Each time I hit it, the wood got sharper. Finally my arms screamed with pain, my legs aching in agony trying to keep me afloat. I knew I couldn’t hold it much longer so with one swing, I chopped off its head the head went bouncing down. A whirlpool swished and swayed around me. Woosh! The same sound flowed through my head. I started to get dizzy, my arms swung in the air.
With a blink of an eye, I was back in my bed, I realised it was a dream. I kept thinking to myself, ‘Was that a nightmare or not?’ I get out of bed, my skin lightens up as the air touches it. I look at the clock, it is the middle of the night.
I got back in bed and went back to sleep zzzzzz. My dream wasn’t the same, it was different and more joyful, but there was one strange thing, that girl was there again, but in my second dream, I realised who it was, it was the lady that we saw in the portrait by Leonardo Divinchi and I always had a hand in art, still it was very strange, but I still loved the dreams. Ahhhhh, huh, zzzzzzzzz.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!