Ghostface

He froze, pale with fear. “No this can’t be happening!” He thought to himself as his body shook. Footsteps came running to his bedroom. “NO STAY AWAY!” he yelled as his heart raced with fear. His doorknob twisted. Time had seemed to have slowed down for him.
His older brother came in with a worried look. “Hey Josh.. what’s wrong? “Josh sighed with relief. “Nothing” Josh’s brother nodded worriedly. Josh and his brother lived alone. A glass shattered from down the hallway. Josh eyes widened as his brother became stiff. Josh shoved off his black, thick woolly blanket too see who has broken the glass. Joshs body didn’t want to move an inch, he was petrified but he had to. His body shook with fear and became stiff but he forced his feet to move. After what felt like an eternity, he finally got there. He looked around, pale. Nothing. Josh turned around wondering what he had heard. He heard a bad spirit whispering in his ear. Josh turned around immediately. His eyes widened, he turned around and ran to his bedroom. Josh jumped into his bed, shoving his blanket over him. Tossing and turning all night, Josh tried to forget about what had just happened. Josh had gotten constant nightmares all throughout his sleep about what it was, was it robbers? A spirit? Most likely. Could Jack have been playing a prank on him? Anyway he’ll find out in the morning.
Josh jumped up from his bed panting and sweating. He hoped it was a dream but the same bad feeling still loomed over him. He walked calmly to his brother’s room even though in his head he was TERRIFIED.
He opened his brothers door about to bombard him with questions about his - ‘dream’ but Jack was sitting there wide awake as if he had just seen the devil himself. Josh opened his mouth to say something but then decided to keep his mouth shut about it. He closed the door and let Jack have alone time. Josh looked up at the family portrait and tears swelled up in his eyes as memories of a car crash killing his little sister Jose, “poor thing she was only three”. He thought to himself That stupid car crash also killed his mother and father and took them from him. He cried for a few minutes until he realised...
All the eyes in it had turned pitch black Josh blinked a few times to make sure it wasn’t his imagination but it was still there. Josh packed up his things and slammed open Jacks door “Jack we’re moving “ “but why” “no time to explain just pack up your things “Jack got up and started packing after about an hour they were packed. Josh grabbed the keys and got in the car. After about 2 hours they finally found a house except what they didn’t realise and what they wished they realised sooner is that this neighbourhood was even worse, especially their house.
They lived there for about a year then it reached Halloween. Josh and Jack went out trick or treating but there was a particular house that Josh kept on trying to avoid it but eventually he had to go there. He knocked on the door but nobody came. He peaked into the window nobody was there but IT WAS A MASSIVE MESS. There were scratches everywhere and burn marks and well uh b..l..o..o..d. That was all Josh wanted with that house. He ran as fast as he could back to his house, petrified. He had heard rumors from all his new friends at his now new school that the house at the end of the street had an family but they were... strange.
At the stroke of midnight on Halloween the whole family goes out to get revenge on people because one of the locals had killed their whole family. Josh went into his bed and tried to go to sleep. Josh woke up thinking it was morning but he looked around and it was still Nighttime. Midnight. A man stood at his window.
Josh tried to stay still. The man started to slowly take off his black hoodie. So is this gonna be a demon? Josh thought. No they’ve been dead since Josh was a kid! It-it-its DAD! Dad started to laugh sadisticily “You haven’t even realised and its been 13 years ask yourself, why haven’t you gotten any friends, no-one even noticed your existence apart from your brother” Josh’s heart pounded against its cage “Your “friends” “they aren’t real your just so lonely you made up imaginary friends" “NO! THAT’S NOT TRUE!” “Ah but it is... You ARE a... “I looked up at the moon, full moon. I felt my teeth sharpen, warmth all over my body. His ears sharpen being able to hear a few miles away. Josh’s nose felt more sensitive and could smell a million times better. He felt the instinct to kill. A howl escaped his lips. “So it is true “he thought to himself.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!