Missing Me

I could feel her warm fingers in my hand. We were walking down the street in the cold blowing wind, my hair was blowing this way and that. The big round moon was in the distance lighting up the night, the stars shone brightly standing out in the dark sky. Clouds were coming overhead but they looked barely visible. Tiny drops of rain were coming down, then more and more rain started pouring down, big wet drops fell on my coat making it damp in certain spots.
“Run!” I called out, we ran down the path being careful not to step into the slippery puddles, until finally we reached our house. Still running we opened our big red door.
It was exactly 1:03am at night when I woke up. I saw a shadow in the hallway lead by some quiet but hearable footsteps. That was when thoughts rushed into my mind.
Was it my dad? Probably. Even though I thought that thought, my palms got sticky and sweaty, my heart started beating faster and faster, it felt like it was going a thousand miles per hour. I swear I could hear my heart beating too. I ignored the shadow and just gathered it was Dad, I rolled over and tried to get to sleep.
I woke up to a pitter pattering on a car roof, but hang on wait a minute I wasn’t in a car, well that’s what I thought until I opened my eyes and I then realised that I was in a car with a manly figure driving. I tried to secretly open the door, but it was locked, NO! I wanted to get out of there and fast. I tried thinking of who it could be, it wasn’t my dad or my grandpa it wasn’t even any uncle of mine. So who was it?
He took me out of the car (well tried to) but I was kicking, shoving and screaming, but without another word, I ran. My cheeks were turning red, my heart was beating faster, for two reasons that is- from running and my nerves. I was now petrified, in the woods all alone not knowing where my family was and not knowing where I was either. I wondered if my family missing me... missing me, it felt like I was even missing me, missing my life at home and at school, with family and friends. Everything was different. Warm, wet tears started running down my cheek. I could taste the saltiness as they prickled my eyes and ran into my mouth. My heart sank, I’m sure I could hear a ‘crash’ because it felt like my heart shattered into a million different pieces. Then it hit me, maybe this is just a scary dream. I opened my eyes and I was in my bedroom, it was just a dream! Then I looked down at my watch, it was 1:03am, then I saw a shadow, led by some footsteps. Oh No!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!