My Friend Tom

So, I was walking down the street when... I saw an old battered up blanket, it was all dirty and had holes in it, but I didn’t know who it belonged to. I figured that it would have been someone’s, so I asked my Mum (Malissa) to get me a new one to replace it, Mum thought it was a great idea!
So I’ve been home for about two hours now, and I’ve been thinking about that blanket I saw earlier and I had this great idea! I think I should start a fundraiser for the homeless!
My friends and I were looking for people to help us with the fundraiser, then we saw a homeless man walk past. He was weak and sore, so I went over to help him. He said, “Oh my dear, thank-you so much, oh and before you ask me what my name is, I haven’t got one.” “Alright,” I said, “I am having a fundraiser for the homeless, so I will take you home and take care of you. You’ll be just like a brother! I think that the name Tom will just be perfect!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!