Courage

Ding, dong.
“Mum the post is here,”Screeched Lucie.
“Go get it yourself,” Her mother murmured while chatting on the phone rapidly with her best friend. Lucie raced to the door with her blonde hair flying everywhere like Cinderella’s. She picked it up, there was a post from Great Aunt Garnet, a bill and a pool party invitation! When she opened the invitation there was a blue note which said…
Dear Lucie
I’ve got a POOL PARTY. I know you hate me, but mum got sick and tired of me, if I invite you she will get me a truck load of candy.
Rebecca
It was a hard decision for Lucie, until she pulled out another letter. It said… Third November, Saturday. Today was Second November, Friday. She finally made the decision of going. But she wasn’t even going to look at the face of Rebecca. Whenever she looks at that monster’s double chin and dry hair, Lucie always wants to vomit.
The only reason for Lucie to go was that she LOVES swimming. As you might be guessing, Lucie is a beautiful girl with blonde hair, blue eyes, and big eyelashes. At least she wouldn’t have to stay home extremely bored like now.
The next morning, Lucie woke up at seven o’clock to get ready. At eight o’clock Lucie and her mum left the house and head off excitedly to Rebecca’s. When they entered the giant hotel Rebecca greeted Lucie inside.
“Well Lucie I’ve got a great surprise for you,” Snorted Rebecca.
Lucie loved surprises, “What is it,” She asked.
“Well close your eyes,” Rebecca murmured.
Lucie excitedly closed her eyes.
Rebecca held Lucie’s hand, then led her to the surprise.
“Now Lucie climb up, “Rebecca giggled gleefully.
Lucie climbed something quite high without even thinking about it.
“Open your eyes!” Screamed Rebecca. Lucie popped open her lashes gracefully. When…AAARRRG!
“I knew it donkey,” Hissed Lucie. She was on a TEN METES TALL DIVING BOARD! Lucie was about to climb down when, she saw a danger board which said: CHILDREN UNDER SIXTEEN YEARS, DANGE, DON’T CLIMB DOWN. Lucie was about to explode, she never broke rules.
Things got even worse, people started staring excitedly at her. Lucie swallowed about ten times, the whole crowd arrived and wanted to see her because she’s a REALLY good swimmer. But she never ever, went down a diving board!
Lucie was up there for about two hours! She thought for a moment, instead of getting embarrassed she should dive down.
“Ok! One, two, three!” Lucie cried.
She jumped down the diving board, and she couldn’t believe her eyes, she enjoyed it so much!
Today Lucie learned a lesson, courage always works! From that day to today, Lucie’s favourite thing to do was to jump down a diving board!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!