New York To California In 48 Hours

One cloudy night in New York City there were three street racer’s. Their names were Steve, Paul and Henry. Henry was Steve and Paul’s best friend and he also repaired the car if needed.
Steve came up and said to Paul and Henry, “There is a race called the Charger 500. I got us invited. But it is in California and we have to get there in 48 hours”.
“Ok” said Paul and Henry.
“Let’s use the Dodge Daytona”.
“Ok let’s go.” So Steve and Paul jumped into the car and set off.
The next day Steve and Paul were going 200 mph with cops chasing them but not succeeding to catch them.
Not long after the car was running out of fuel. So Steve and Paul called Henry do a special moving refuel. So Henry came with the fuel truck. Henry got the fuel into the car. And they kept on going. They were getting close to California.
A couple of hours later they were in California. But they got a flat tyre so they called Henry to put a spare tyre on. They only had three hours left to get there. Now they only had one hour to get to the Charger 500.
They got there with half hour left. Paul said, “I didn’t think it was possible to get from New York to California in 48 hours.” So Steve and Paul filled up the tank and drove to the start of the race.
The race began, engines were rumbling. Steve and Paul were slowly manoeuvring the car between the opponent’s cars. Not long after Steve and Paul were in first place. It was the last lap of 50 and Steve and Paul’s engine started to let some smoke off. And then Steve and Paul crossed the finish line at 200 mph.
Steve and Paul went to the winner’s circle to collect the trophy. They got back into the car and drove all the way back home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!