The Crazy Birthday

Munch, munch, munch! “Riley what are you doing, Grandma is going to be so angry and when I mean angry I don’t mean angry, I mean angry angry!” shouted Amity for the 100th time. “Riley why do you have to be so annoying?” said Jess. “Have a berry” grasped Riley, “they’re harmless” added Riley. We all had one. “Here it goes” nervously said Lara. “Guys I’m not so sure about this” replied Pop bear. “At least Grandma is inside” said Riley trying to make us eat it. We all ate it. We went bonkers. Pop bear was making weird sculptures, Uncle John is making weird noises, and Uncle Robbie was acting as a crazy party person going through Grandma’s party stuff.
Grandma came outside. “What are you lot doing?” yelled Grandma. Ross ran past, “Ross why are you running?” Ross did not answer. Then Grandma saw Caity, “Caity do you know what the others are doing?” asked Grandma very worried. Caity did not answer; she just bumped into the door really hard. “Caity are you o.k.?” said Grandma. Then Caity did it again. ‘Ouch that would hurt’ thought Grandma. “I guess she’s gone crazy too” said Grandma.
Then Grandma saw Aunty Bron, she was sitting down under the tree. “Maybe she’s not gone crazy” said Grandma. “Let’s just sit down and relax. Ammmmm Ammmm.” ‘Yep she has gone crazy too, but I still can use that advice’ thought Grandma.
Next Grandma saw Grace she was on the floor crawling “Grace what are you doing?” Grace did not answer. ‘I guess she has gone crazy too’ thought Grandma.
What about Amity, Kylie and Aunty Jus, maybe they have not gone crazy. Then Grandma walked inside the front door, she went into the lounge room. She saw Kylie, she was dancing to music on the T.V. and got Grandma’s Karaoke and started singing. And then she saw Amity eating all the chocolate. “Amity what are you doing? You’re going to be so sick,” yelled Grandma. Then Aunty Jus came “Sit down darling what type of hair style do you want?” Aunty Jus said with a very posh voice. “Amm nothing, is my hair o.k. how it is?” said Grandma. “Darling let’s face the truth, no” said Aunty Jus poshly.
“What’s wrong with everyone” yelled Grandma. Nobody replied, so Grandma went around the house looking for anything suspicious, she couldn’t find anything. So she went outside. She was looking really hard.
Then she thought we might have eaten something. So she went around the veggie garden, she looked even harder than before. Then she saw a funny little bush that had berries. Grandma looked around the bush. She could not see a name tag on it. “I wonder if these berries made them go crazy” said Grandma. She took a picture of them.
Grandma went inside; she looked up the weird berries on her iPad. “I was right” said Grandma. It said on her iPad that they make people go bonkers and crazy. She scrolled down the iPad, it said the cure is salt and it said don’t give them any lemonade. “Ohh ohh I gave them lemonade earlier.” Grandma looked up; everyone has gone even crazier. Then Matt was jumping up and down with his pants up as far as his belly button acting like Harry high pants.
Grandma walked over to the cupboard to see if there was any salt. “Ohh no, there’s no salt” screamed Grandma.
Grandma got in the car and drove down the street as fast as she could to get the salt. Then she finally arrived at the shops. She rushed inside. She ran down the shopping aisles to get the salt. Grandma kept on running down the wrong aisles. Finally Grandma found the aisle, she picked up the salt.
Grandma went home as fast as she could. Finally she was home, she gave salt to everyone. Her biggest challenge of all was Ross. Then Jess came along, “What did the dog say to the other dog? Woof” Jess started cracking up.
Then Grandma was chasing Ross. Ross kept on running it took a very long time, Grandma eventually caught him. Everyone went back to normal. “What happened?” said everyone. “Tell me about it” Grandma said under her breath.
The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!