The Treasure

I am so hot. Only the trees give my cool wind; I have my pocketknife in case of emergencies. I have been walking for a day trying to find the dungeon that has the treasure, my map is wrong like I expected, so I am completely lost. I only have two litres of water left, I know that sounds like a lot, but out here, it will only last an hour or so.
It has now been four hours and I have found this big staircase to a DUNGEON!! I’ve done it without the map. I know how I got here, I had a growth mind set and I trusted my instincts. I wonder what is inside? If it is gold or money, I will give it to a charity because I don’t want poor people to die. I want their lives to be healthy and happy, not sick and sad. I run up the stairs to go inside, the door opens by itself, I didn’t need to bang it open with my axe. I saw a chest right in the open, I ran as fast as I can to it, but I didn’t notice that there was a pressure plate and I fall down this massive hole, there is no way out! How will I get out? Then an idea popped into my head.
I had my grappling hook. I keep on swinging it around until it was untied, I threw it up so high, it reaches the top and I started climbing up and up until I was free!
I continue to go to the treasure chest, this time I watch my step; I miss all the pressure plates and arrows and the bobby traps. I run as fast as I can, but all of a sudden, I started to sweat, there is a big puddle of sweat, I looked over the edge and there was lava!
I quickly get out my phone to get my lava proof car, but my phone has melted so I press the emergency button on my lava proof car and drove it to the chest. I opened the chest and in there was...
NOTHING NOOO!!! The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!