Sea Of Treasure

I see nothing but ice and water. There is no one around except my dog Zoom. I’m here to find the hidden treasure of Wanga, the Ice King.
I was in a boat with food, water, warm clothes and two big bottles of air, because people say the lost city of Wan sunk down to the deepest part of the ocean. The problem is, my phone got bumped off the boat and I haven’t got any way of telling people where I am. I have to be very careful.
We’re heading north. It’s dark. Darker than black paint covering the sky. The only light I can see is the northern lights twinkling brighter than a thousand stars, but on the water it’s as beautiful as the great coral reef.
A few minutes later a storm comes. It’s spinning bigger than a slushy maker. It’s coming towards us and the engine won’t start. The storm hits the boat. Everything falls out, including me. The water is like ice growing thicker and thicker around me. Suddenly I see gold sparkles everywhere. I swim down to the bottom of the cold sea. It’s treasure! The treasure from the lost city of Wan! It is so beautiful. Suddenly the bubbles stop drifting to the surface. I start to swim. I keep swimming to get to the top of the water but only the tips of my fingers reach the surface. Exhausted, I slowly sink down to the bottom. I feel something pulling me.
I open my eyes I think I’m in heaven but I feel something wet on my face. It’s not water, I can’t see what it is. I cough, then I see a nose but not a human nose. It’s a dog’s nose, Zoom must have saved me. I’m so lucky to have a hero dog like him. The treasure will have to wait for another day!
THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!