The Abandoned Cave

It was damp with misty air tornados around us. Drip! Drop! Drip! Drop! Echoing sounds filled the black sky.
Emma and Jake had flown on the Kicking Kangaroo Airlines from Hawaii to Alice Springs in the Northern Territory. They came to have a beautiful holiday. They loved to explore and had never been to Australia before.
On a beautiful warm sunny day, Emma and Jake decided to go for a walk. They set out hiking through the red desert sand. Then suddenly they both came across a cave. Not just any ordinary cave, but an abandoned cave. Emma and Jake didn’t know that but... So they slowly crept inside.
When they got in at least 5 metres away from the entrance, it was already pitch black. Emma and Jake were the only ones in there, so that made it scary. Stinky damp walls with hairy moss and disgusting looking bugs filled the cave as well.
Emma and Jake didn’t like this cave. They thought it was creepy. They thought something was going to pounce on them suddenly.
A few minutes later, they heard scratching and squeaky noises. They both froze and tried to look at each, but of course, they couldn’t see each other because it was pitch black.
Suddenly, something flew past them like a lightning bolt. The scratching and squeaky noises stopped all of a sudden, then started again. The flying object came back and landed right on Emma’s face. It was all quiet, then... “Aaaarrggghhh!!!” Emma screamed so loud that Jake jumped so high and hit his head the roof of the cave. He then fell to the ground with a loud thud.
Emma threw the flying object (which was a bat) off her face and Jake jumped to his feet.
They both started running in the direction that they were walking before. “I think-”Jake started. “No time to waste your breath, there might never be an end to this cave,” explained Emma.
But up ahead something caught Jake’s eye. “What was that?” shouted Jake. “What was what?” whispered Emma. Neither Emma or Jake knew what was going to happen. Will they survive the drama?
“I hope there’s an end to this cave!” cried Emma. But up ahead, a speck of light appeared. “I think there is an end actually,” Jake explained. They were so excited that they hurried to the speck of light... “Fantastic!” shouted Jake. “It is the end!” But as soon as they got out, they both looked at each other and noticed that there were more caves to go through to get home.
“Oh no!” This is definitely not the end.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!