The Daydream Out The Window

Excellence Award in the 'Word Zone 2016' competition

Beep! Beep! The machine next to a white hospital bed was pulsing stable rhythms.
It had been a terrible night for Cally as she was rushed to hospital after a horrible accident. The last she remembered was the tyres screeching and numbness as the car had hit her. There was the red light and then all went pitch black. The impact of the car was so strong that it knocked her unconscious.
As her consciousness came swimming into focus, she looked vaguely at the plain, white walls. She turned to her right and saw a nurse checking the machine next to her. The nurse turned and smiled.
After arriving home, she was told by the doctor to stay indoors for a few days until she is familiar with her surroundings. She felt like the whole world had gone sad.
On her first day at home, she sat at the window, her eyes focused on a flower. Then she felt her focus drift away as her daydreams fade in.
Cally thought about the blue sky with the hazy clouds and the luminous sun as it warms her aching body and how the sky lights up like fire and the shining stars and glowing moon guiding weary travellers home.
She remembered the soft, green grass on hills with tall swaying trees. The sweet scent of the flowers matches the sweet sensation of the berries growing on the bushes. Chittering and singing birds and animals of all shapes and sizes, show off their wonderful colours with their harmonious singing.
“Someday,” sighed Cally,” Someday, I will be out there and counted as one of those wonderful things.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!