The Shop

One day my friend and I were playing hide and seek at the shops. It was my turn to hide and all of a sudden the lights went out. I came out from under the orange stand which is where I was hiding. I called out for my friend. He came and we just thought it was a black out. We had a look around and there was no-one here. We raced to the opening hours sign and looked on my watch. That's when we noticed we were locked in for the night.
We both checked our phones to call our parents, but we had been there for so long that our phones had gone flat. In the shop, there were some clothes. We tried on some outfits until we both found one we liked. My friend had black pants and a white t-shirt and I chose a black t-shirt and denim jeans.
We found the furniture section and got a bed each. When we woke up, the shop was just about to open. We quickly hid under the oranges and when the shop got crowded we both quickly got up and walked home.
When we got home, we found our parents worrying, but relieved that we were home. When she finally noticed, mum asked "Where did we get those clothes from?" We told her someone saw us and must have thought we were poor. He gave us a few dollars to buy some stuff. Luckily mum believed me. If there is one thing I have learned today, that is not to play hide and seek in the shops ever again!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!