The Wonders Of Sri Lanka

I woke up in the morning at 5.3Oam. It was pretty early, but I was so excited because we were going to a wonderful place. Guess what place that was? It’s beautiful Sri Lanka.
When our bags were packed, we put the bags into my dad’s fancy car. When Milana and I went to the car, we were waiting and waiting for our mum. Our dad was waiting as well. Suddenly we saw a bird and then we saw more birds and then we saw mummy.
We drove to a car place where people take care of people’s cars while they away. A person from that place dropped us to the airport. He was very funny had music on and was talking a lot.
After we finished all the checking-in we sat down and enjoyed a McDonald’s breakfast. Our flight took us to Singapore. In Singapore airport we went to the butterfly house where we saw hundreds of beautiful butterflies. They also had big fish tanks in the airport with lots of fish.
The plane from Singapore took us to Sri Lanka. We went to my mum’s best friend’s place in Colombo and then went to my grandma’s place nearby. We learned how to make a wood fire there. My cousin lives next door to my grandma. He has a cute dog called Tina. We always played with Tina.
When I woke up in the morning I saw fruit bats. They were ready to go to sleep in the daytime. We were enjoying this peaceful time in the day. We saw some squirrels. They were talking and balancing on electrical wires. We went to lots of temples. When we came back, Tina was waiting for us. Wasn’t that cute? When I was going to my grandma’s kitchen, I saw a gecko, well not just one, hundreds of them. They were so cute.
When it was night time, there were lots of mosquitoes so my dad put a mosquito net around the bed. My dad had to sleep on the floor and he was talking to the mosquitoes, maybe asking them not to bite us.
The next day, I saw hundreds of wild dogs, some were puppies and some were old, but the sad part was they were hungry and had no food. Their bodies were so boney, I was sorry. When I got back into the car, we went to the city and guess what? I saw a huge, grey endangered elephant in a truck going somewhere. It was very cute.
When I got back home, my mum said that we were going to stay in two hotels.
I was excited because those hotels were nature resorts. So the following day we drove to a city called Pasikuda. We saw the longest and largest river in Sri Lanka called Mahavalli. We also saw cute and gorgeous wild peacocks on the road, they were very fast. It was a very bumpy road, it felt like we were flying from time to time. We came to the hotel, which was called Anilana. It had a pool, which connected to the beach. In the beach, you can go snorkeling with fish. The water was too salty, so we went to the pool.
From Anilana we came to a hotel called Kandalama in Dabulla. We went to see a cricket match between Australia and Sri Lanka, which Australia won. There were lots of wild monkeys around the hotel. One of the monkeys had a coin and others were protecting it. We were told monkeys can steal our things so we kept our room balcony doors locked. Guess what? At night time there were millions of geckoes on the ceiling.
When we were going back, we saw the same elephant on a truck, which we saw a few days ago. We celebrated my sister’s birthday and gave her an ipad.
We had a great time in Sri Lanka with my relatives and friends. Sri Lanka is a wonderful place with great joy for people.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!