Graves

Crack! I stepped on a stone not far in front but when I walked more I couldn’t stop.
The moonlight shone on my brown haired head, when everyone else was still in bed.
I shivered and shook in the cold night air, couldn’t get warm as I was fully bare.
I trudged through the grave, never said a word, nothing to be seen, not even a bluebird.
I walked up the stone steps and into the crypt.
All I could see were generations of heads.
Covered with sheets lay dead bodies.
I read the names of all the mummies.
I found a staircase leading down, I stepped on the steps not making one sound.
At the bottom were lots of crumbled pieces and there was a door that said, “For the keepers.”
The door slid open and when I looked in... there was a big table and open tins.
I walked in the room and heard a loud grumble and there he was, the fierce lion called Rubble.
I took some steps back then ran for my life as the big lion was not far behind.
I tripped on a rock and shut my eyes tight but when I opened I was not in a fright.
I was back in my bed, must have had a scary dream, but then I heard a loud grumble and a scream!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!