Abby And The Chocolate Factory

“Abby go and play outside,” called Abby’s mum.
“No mum this book is awesome,” said Abby.
“But you never go outside Abby.”
“Because I love books!”
Abby went outside and hid her book under her jacket.
Now she can read her favourite book, ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’, in peace.
“Once upon a time," read Abby.
The book started to shake! “What’s happening?” Said Abby.
“Are you okay out there Abby?” Said Abby’s mum.
“Um…yes mum.” The book stopped shaking.
The next day, Abby was definitely reading, she didn’t care what her mum said.
Abby got dressed in her school uniform, then she left for school. At school Abby told everyone about the book.
When Abby had her last subject, there was five minutes left, but the school bell went early, again! They never get it right!
Abby’s mum usually brings the car, but she wasn’t there. Abby’s phone buzzed. On it was a message. ‘Abby I want you to spend some time outside, please get home safely dear.’
Abby went off to get the tram, as she was too tired to walk home. On the tram Abby sat down and read her book. Abby was halfway through the book. She loved it so much, that she thought that she was part of the story.
Her stop was two stops away. The book started to shake and shudder.
It’s happening again! But this time a hand squeezed out of the book. Ink from all of the words in the book squirted onto Abby’s face. Abby licked her face, it tasted like chocolate. Abby wiped her face and was shocked to see Willy Wonka sitting beside her.
“Does anyone see this? Wily Wonka is sitting next to me.” No one answered her.
Abby wasn’t concentrating on the stops. She missed her stop, so she had to walk home.
By the time Abby got home her mum was furious at her and punished her.
Abby had to go straight to bed without any dinner. In the morning, Abby put her pillow over her head. She finally got up, and found chocolate wrappers all over the floor. Abby looked around. Willy Wonka had made a chocolate factory in her bedroom!
It was all very amazing, but it has to go.
“Abby are you ready for school?” Called Abby’s mum.
“Yes mum! Just don’t come in yet!” Called Abby. Abby called her dog “Noodle come here.”
Willy Wonka popped up from behind the bed. “Oh there you are, I have a question to ask you. How do you shut down this factory?” Asked Abby.
Willy Wonka replied “You just pull that cord out.” Abby pulled the cord and the factory and Willy Wonka faded away, just as her mum burst into the room. Everything had disappeared, except for one chocolate bar sticking out of Noodle’s mouth. This will take some explaining!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!