Really, It Had To Be Conner?

How exhausting, it is after Hockey practice. It was
especially tiring after Tuesday.
I went home and flopped down on my bed, half awake. I decided to read instead of doing my homework. Except, when I opened the book a blinding gold glow burst out. And in a second, a boy and girl were lying on top of me. They both looked about 12 and had strawberry blonde hair and big blue eyes.
I was petrified. “Hi my name’s Alex!” said Alex cheerfully. “Are you from the Fairy Tale World or the Other World?” Alex asked.
“Alex! Be quiet!” hissed the boy.
“No Conner!” argued Alex.
“That’s Conner!” she said.
The glow stopped. “Um h-h-hi, m-m-my, n-n-names,
Elinor,” I stuttered.
“Oh no!” Alex cried. “What’s wrong?” I asked in panic. “We can’t’get back home!” Alex sobbed.
I darted to my parents and screamed, “Alex and Conner, I met them!”
“Um ... nice imagination sweetie, uh, hope they’re nice,” said my mum in disbelief.
I stormed back upstairs, disappointed that my mum didn’t have any faith in Alex or Conner. Well I guess it would be hard to believe.
When I got upstairs my room was trashed. “What?” I asked myself, how did this happen? Then I remembered. “Conner!” I groaned.
“Yeah what?” asked Conner.
After a while I started to get attached to Alex and
Conner. But one day, a policeman came to our house.
The glow emerged from the story book.
“We have to go!” cried Alex and Conner.
I didn’t want to let them go but I had to. I quickly popped my head through the portal. Oh, it was a binary indeed! We gave a painful goodbye. Then they had to go. I cried for days and left my room trashed. They never came back again.
THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!