The Adventure To Loggland

I was on a bus with my class. We were going to the aquarium for an excursion.The bus was packed on the inside and white on the outside. I sat next to nobody. I am lonely.
“We’re here!” called my teacher, Ms. Claudia, who sat behind me. We trotted off the bus and we were put into equal groups. My group was Leah Scott, Tim Caddlemen (a boy who still moves his lips when he’s reading), Scarlet Puncher and James Thomson.
Each group had a guide who would show them around the aquarium, and ours was Nick, a tall red-headed man with a weird face.
“Let’s go!” said Nick, while walking through a black door. We followed.We then found ourselves in a dark room filled with small tanks.
“This is the baby shark room,” announced Nick.
There was a big gasp of amazement from our group.
Nick started to blab on about baby hammerhead sharks when I spotted a tiny red door with a shiny white handle.
‘Should I go over?’ I thought.
A voice inside me screamed ‘Yes!’ so I crept over without anyone seeing me. My hand shook as I slowly turned the doorknob. The door flung open and I stepped through it. I found myself falling through midair. “AAAAAH!” I screamed.
Finally I landed on bouncy ground. My leg started to ache.
“Ouch!” I moaned.
“Are you alright?” called a low hush.My stomach lurched.“Y-yes,” I stammered.
Suddenly a girl with dark brown hair appeared.
“H-h- who are you?” I asked terrified. “Jackie,” the girl replied, “Jackie Smith.”
“H-hi, Jackie. I’m Katie.”
“Well that’s funny, Jackie and Katie!” she giggled.
“You sure do love to laugh!” I admitted.
“Hmph,” Jackie grunted.
“Are you lost Katie?”
“Sort of,” I said awkwardly.
“Follow me,” Jackie said walking off.
I followed until Jackie stopped in front of a small brick house.
“C’mon in,” she said, walking through the meagre entrance. I went inside, it was warm and silent.
A skinny, brunette lady appeared. “Hello, Nick told us about you.” “He did?!” I inquired.
“Yes, he’s from Earth. Jackie and I are from Zoggland, the magical world.” My mouth dropped open.
“Did he see me leave?” I asked. “Yes.”
“Mum, stop freaking Katie out!” said Jackie, furiously.
‘That lady is Jackie’s Mum?’ I thought.
“Sorry Katie,” said Jackie’s Mum, handing me some muffins to eat. I gobbled them quickly.
“Now eat these,” she said, handing me a fluro green tablet.
“Wait, that tablet will make you transport back to Earth and before you go, I want to give you this.” said Jackie. She hugged me. I hugged her back. “And also keep this.” She handed me a red jewel.
“Bye all!” I said, gobbling the tablet.
In half a second, I was back in the aquarium.
I felt the red jewel inside my pocket.
‘I can fit in now!’ I thought. So I went over to Leah Scott. We chatted forever until the bus ride back, and guess what? I sat next to Leah.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!