The Note In The Bottle

One stormy day, the scuba diving gang headed out to sea on a ship. Darley Stewart, one of the many scuba divers in the gang, caught a glimpse of an odd-looking object popping out of the water.
The gang did not notice that Darley had scurried out of the ship as they went on with their duties. Darley discovered old planks of wood held together by old nails! It was a shipwreck!
Darley swam aboard the shipwreck and saw something glimmering in the light, so she swam over to investigate.
When Darley got closer, she found an old beer bottle with a note inside. It was wedged between two barrels that held old and rusty bombs.
Darley yanked and yanked until the bottle finally came out. Wiping dust off the bottle, Darley pulled out the cork that was holding the top shut. Darley unfolded the note and read:
Dear friend, finder of this note,
You may keep my darling ship. Do not show this note to Captain Bonkytoes… Or else...
Kindly,
Captain Able V. Bulivard
Darley gasped! When she revealed the note to her gang, they all agreed to bring the note and bottle to the British Museum.
The next day, the gang set off to the British Museum. As they made their way down CIamily Road, they spotted a strange-looking man. He looked as if he were Snape’s (from Harry Potter) brother!
“Stop!” shouted the man urgently, “Hand over the bottle.”
“Why?” said Dayna Donvic, Darley’s best mate in the gang.
“Just hand it!!!” yelled the man.
“No,” replied Darley stiffly.
“Yeeees!” shouted the man at the top of his lungs as he snatched the bottle.
“You give that back!” ordered Darley.
“Well I’m not!” declared the man.
“You are too!” interrupted Dayna.
Suddenly the man started doing the hokey pokey! Darley grabbed the bottle.
“Run!” she shouted, so everybody ran until they made it to the British Museum. The museum staff accepted the note and bottle! Happy days!
So, who do you think the man on the street really was???

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!