Smelly, Smelly Socks

Once upon a time there was a boy called Joe. One day, Joe's mum told him to go and clean up his room. His room was a mess! It also had a very bad smell!
Reluctantly, Joe went and cleaned his room because of how messy it was. It took him three hours to clean it! While he was cleaning his room he smelt something that had a really bad smell.
Joe looked in his cupboard but he couldn't find what the smell was. Then Joe went down stairs and asked his mum if she could go and see if she could smell something in his room. When she came back she said "No, I can't smell anything!" Joe tried opening up his window to let some fresh air in his room.
Then Joe went downstairs, he asked his mum if he could go to Dylan's house, she replied "Yes, but only if you're back before 5pm." Joe happily replied "Thanks Mum! I'll be back just before 5."
When Joe got back from Dylan's house, he went up into his room and his room still had the same bad smell. So he went and told his mum. His mum said "I'll go and see" and then Joe and his mum went upstairs and his room still had some smell. So his mum said "Okay, I'll go to the shop and see if they have anything to get rid of this smell and if they do, I will buy it and then you can spray your room."
So then when Joe's mum got back, she came home with two spray cans and she gave them to Joe. He sprayed one all around his room. And the other one he opened up his clothes draw and his mum said "That's where the smell must be coming from." Joe then said, "That's where I put all of my socks." And his mum said "That explains why your room smells."
Then the smell that was in Joe's room eventually went away after a while and then Joe had to put his washing in the wash and if he didn't, he would have to clean the house or he wouldn't be able to go to Dylan's house. So Joe always put his things in the wash, he cleans up his room every month and he always looks for smelly socks.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!